How much shareable cloud storage can you get for free nowadays?
We’ve talked in the past about services like Dropbox, probably the most popular option, Box, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, etc. But we’ve concluded that some of the Chinese Storage Providers, like Weiyun Tencent offer an unbeatable amount of free storage. Since July 2012, the Chinese web giant released its cloud service with a whopping 10TB of free storage, and it now reports 300 million registered users.
However, there are issues with the Weiyun Application as this is available only in Chinese. Now translation isn’t impossible but who speaks Chinese? Well over a Billion !!! 😀
Many have tried to share updated lang files for the relevant application, but it seems that all gave up after some time. We decided to give it a go and simply using Google Translate go through the relevant files on the i18N folder and make the available in English.
Have in mind that the latest applications for download are available at http://www.weiyun.com/download.html
(Android, iPhone, Ipad, Windows and Mac)
Of course the web interface (translatable with Google Translate) is available at http://www.weiyun.com/index.html?WYTAG=weiyun.portal.download
For the English Version of the Application for Android see here forum.xda-developers.com
Credits to http://tencent-weiyun.eu5.org/ for maintaining a version until March 2014, which while it works, it’s missing a lot of the new additions to the windows application.
Now if Weiyun Tencent is not right for you, but still need online storage space, perhaps you’d like 100GB for Free by the Sweedish Degoo.
There is a saying like “You can’t ever get enough of…” and storage is one of these things! With a few cloud storage providers giving up and a few other remain stronger.
There’s an estimated 1 exabyte worth of data being stored in the cloud. That’s more than 1 million gigabytes. So it’s little wonder all the major names are constantly evolving their services, hoping to keep users and attract new ones. But how much storage can you get for free? How about Terabytes?
We’ve got some of the famous cloud storage providers like:
- Google Drive – Giving away free 15GB and paid plans starting at 100 GB for $1.99/month
- Microsoft OneDrive – Giving 7GB + 8GB by Refering Friends and Actively Using OneDrive with your Mobile. Paid Plans starting at 25 GB now for $2.50 user/month with annual commitment (A promise of 1TB paid soon)
- Dropbox – Starting at 2 GB for free on standard accounts and going up to 18 GB (free, 500 MB for each referral person. Still HTC Sense 4 & 5 device owners get 25 GB free and Samsung device owners get 50 GB free. Paid plan Pro gives 100GB for $9.99 a month
- Mega.co.nz – Allowing a 50GB for free with 10 GB traffic/30 minutes. Paid Plans start at 500GB with 12TB traffic for 9.99 Euro/month
- Mediafire – Gives 15GB for starters and you can earn up to up to 36GB (free, 1GB per referral and other social linking offers). Paid plan give 1TB for
$4.99 $2.49 / month (pay yearly get 2 months free)
- Copy.com – Gives 15 GB right at the beginning and you can earn up to 25GB (extra 5 GBs for each completed referral +5GB for the referral). Min Paid plan gives 250 GB for $9.99 per Month (allows electronically signing documents with SignNow)
Continue reading Need More Storage?