There is a saying like “You can’t ever get enough of…” and storage is one of these things! With a few cloud storage providers giving up and a few other remain stronger.
There’s an estimated 1 exabyte worth of data being stored in the cloud. That’s more than 1 million gigabytes. So it’s little wonder all the major names are constantly evolving their services, hoping to keep users and attract new ones. But how much storage can you get for free? How about Terabytes?
We’ve got some of the famous cloud storage providers like:
- Google Drive – Giving away free 15GB and paid plans starting at 100 GB for $1.99/month
- Microsoft OneDrive – Giving 7GB + 8GB by Refering Friends and Actively Using OneDrive with your Mobile. Paid Plans starting at 25 GB now for $2.50 user/month with annual commitment (A promise of 1TB paid soon)
- Dropbox – Starting at 2 GB for free on standard accounts and going up to 18 GB (free, 500 MB for each referral person. Still HTC Sense 4 & 5 device owners get 25 GB free and Samsung device owners get 50 GB free. Paid plan Pro gives 100GB for $9.99 a month
- Mega.co.nz – Allowing a 50GB for free with 10 GB traffic/30 minutes. Paid Plans start at 500GB with 12TB traffic for 9.99 Euro/month
- Mediafire – Gives 15GB for starters and you can earn up to up to 36GB (free, 1GB per referral and other social linking offers). Paid plan give 1TB for
$4.99$2.49 / month (pay yearly get 2 months free)
- Copy.com – Gives 15 GB right at the beginning and you can earn up to 25GB (extra 5 GBs for each completed referral +5GB for the referral). Min Paid plan gives 250 GB for $9.99 per Month (allows electronically signing documents with SignNow)
But there is also a new player in town…. and as they say “Get it while it’s HOT!”. The Chinese tech firm “Tencent” offers FREE 10TB worth of cloud storage. You may forget about having 5GB? 25GB? 50GB? or 1TB?
The promotion will last until it expires, so let’s take a look on how to get one!
- You must have a QQ id (register here) and Download the latest Tencent Cloud (Weiyun) Mobile App (iOS & Android). Potentially using BlueStacks Mobile App Player on your desktop is definetaly working
- Then go to Weiyun and Click the big blue button “Get 10TB”
- You can the go to Tencent Cloud (English version) and start using it.
How about syncing on your laptop/pc? Well that’s a bit more tricky! But there are both local disk and sync solutions already available, just not in english, in chinese!
Actually the re is a huge cloud storage war in China between company giants such as Kingsoft Kuaipan, Baidu, Qihoo, Sina, etc